A Health Challenge is a strategy that enables large workplaces or communities to run a healthy lifestyle challenge focusing on weight loss, waist circumference loss and steps for a set period of time.
The Health Challenge is a great strategy to encourage participants to be more active, lose weight and waist girth and participate in a fun initiative with colleagues, community members or friends.
Organisations or communities can choose to have teams challenge each other on these three health measures and view their progress on a challenge leaderboard. The leaderboard is ranked by weight loss, however you can view progress on all three measures.
It was originally developed as a Health Challenge between two Hospital
and Health Services looking to encourage healthy lifestyles in their
community. However, it can be adapted to be used between other Health
Services, communities or large organisations looking to do a healthy
For more information on how it was originally implemented view the 2018 Health Challenge Case Study.
Setting up a Health Challenge
- Contact 10,000 Steps so they can assist you in developing a custom Health Challenge.
- Decide on the Health Challenge details (Name, start and end date, teams etc.).
- 10,000 Steps will develop your tailored Health Challenge page and activate your Health Challenge.
- Participants join the Health Challenge by registering with 10,000 Steps, and selecting to join a Health Challenge through the Health Measures Dashboard card.
- Once joined, participant's steps are recorded via their online step log and weight and waist measures are recorded via the Health Measures dashboard card. All three measures will contribute to the Health Challenge leaderboard. Individual measurements will be private, but the combined totals will be available online for everyone to see and celebrate.
Health Challenge progress can be seen via the Health Challenge Dashboard card or the Health Challenge page.