Only Coordinators with approved Coordinator registration have the ability to create Tournaments. If you would like to register as a Coordinator, please visit https://www.10000steps.org.au/organisation/.
If you would like to add teams to an exising Tournament Coordinators can access this through their Coordinator Details.
1. Ensure you are logged in and on the Dashboard Tournament.
2. Select "Create Tournament" on the Tournament Dashboard card.
3. Select "Create a Time Out Tournament".
4. Set the Tournament start date and duration.
5. Create the teams.
There is a maximum of 20 members per team and a maximum of 50 teams can be created within one Tournament. You can create numerous new Time Out or Race Tournaments starting on the same date if you want to include more than the maximum of 1000 participants in the one Tournaments. If multiple of the same Tournaments are created the results, although not all accessible on the same page, will be comparable.
6. Enter the team details.
You will now be able to enter the team name, Team Captain’s email address and select a unique team colour.
All Team Captains and participants must be registered with the 10,000 Steps websites before they can be added to the teams.
7. Add the team members.
Once the team has been created, you can and add members by selecting the team name in the leaderboard.
8. Select "Add team member".
9. Enter the participant email address and save.
The team member must be registered with the 10,000 Steps website before you are able to add them to your team. If you receive an error and are unable to add a participant to your team, it may mean:
- that person is not registered with 10,000 Steps
- that person might be registered with personal email addresses instead of organisational addresses
- that person may have registered with an address that contains a spelling mistake
- your entry of the email address may contain a spelling mistake.
10. If needed, you can add a virtual team member.
This feature is designed for users who do not have regular internet access or are not able to log their own steps. The Team Captain will be responsible for logging the steps for this offline member.