Due to a significant and unexpected delay in redeveloping the 10,000 Steps mobile application, the project has decided to release the app in two stages. The 10,000 Steps app is now available on both the Apple and Google Play stores. Any previous versions of the app will need to be deleted prior to the install of the new app. Software will need to be updated to the latest version before the apps can be installed, Android requires version 6.0 and Apple requires 8.0 or later.
Please note that we have been working extremely hard on the 10,000 Steps app redevelopment and didn’t want to make the app available before we were completely happy with it. We recommend staying logged in to your account on the app.
First Release - Complete
The first release allows users to:
- Log steps and minutes of activity
- Sync steps from 10,000 Steps website
- View your step statistics
- Update your Goal Steps
Second Release - Complete
The second release allows users to:
- View Tournament progress
The process of development will require more work than we had initially expected and we do not yet have an estimated date of completion for the third release.
The third release of the 10,000 Steps mobile app will allows users to:
- Join Challenges
- View Challenge progress
Activity Tracker Syncing
Activity Tracker data can only be synced with the 10,000 Steps website, and cannot be synced directly from a Fitbit/Garmin device or Fitbit/Garmin app to the 10,000 Steps app.
To sync your 10,000 Steps account with your Fitbit/Garmin device, your Activity Tracker account needs to be connected in the Tracker Details section. Instructions and tips on connecting your 10,000 Steps account with your Activity Tracker account are available in the Support section.
Once your 10,000 Steps website account has synced your Activity Tracker data, this data can then be synced and displayed on the 10,000 Steps app.
Bookmarking the Website
- Open up Safari and load the web site www.10000steps.org.au.
- At the bottom of your Apple device screen you will see the icon depicting an arrow going through a square, tap this icon.
- You will now have a few options. The one you want to tap is "Add to Home Screen" which displays a plus sign in a dark coloured square. Tap on this icon.
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon. You can leave as is and click "Add" in the top right hand corner.
When you have done this, a website icon will show up on your homescreen. Remember that you will need to login to the site before you can enter your steps on the website.