Once you register with 10,000 Steps as a new member or add a new email address to an existing account you will be asked to verify your email address. This enables us to confirm the connection between your 10,000 Steps account and your email account to ensure that you will receive emails from 10,000 Steps.
If you have not received your verification email straight after registering:
- Double check the email address which you have used to register. Ensure the address, including your name, any full stops, mail server and prefixes have been entered correctly.
- Please wait for 15-20 minutes, as these emails are sent automatically there can be a delay.
- Check your Spam or Junk folders. The subject of the verification email is “[10,000 Steps] Please Confirm Your Email Address”.
- Search all of your mail folders for emails from "email@example.com".
- Check if you have any mail rules or preferences that are filtering automatic emails into another mailbox or blocking them completely.
If you have tried all of these suggestions and still cannot find your verification email, contact us by email.
Password Reset and Other Automatic Emails
The emails sent to reset passwords, notify of addition to a team and Coordinator registration approval are sent automatically from a third party mail server, Sparkpost. As these emails are sent automatically they can sometimes be marked as spam from by email servers such as Hotmail, Outlook or organisational mail servers. This often causes the email to be moved to the spam folder or filtered out before it can reach your inbox.
If you cannot find an automatic email from 10,000 Steps, please try these suggestions:
- Check your Spam or Junk folder for any emails from 10,000 Steps.
- Search your mailbox for emails from "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Check if you have any mail rules or preferences that are filtering automatic emails into another mailbox.
You can trigger email to reset your password to be sent again by attempting to login and selecting Forgot Password?. As different mail servers vary in their spam preferences, the automatic email may not be able to get through to your inbox. If you have tried these steps, please provide us with an alternative email address which we can use to update your account and resend your verification.
If you are participating in 10,000 Steps as a part of an organisation and you are not receiving automatic emails please contact your technology department to see if automatic emails from email@example.com sent via Sparkpost could be filtered out before they reach you. Please contact us with as much information as possible as well as the details of your organisations IT department. We can provide the raw source email to your IT department for our email addresses to be whitelisted.
If you have tried all of these suggestions and still cannot find an automatic email from 10,000 Steps, please contact us by email.