10k21 Inter Health Service Challenge
A Health Challenge between the Darling Downs, Mackay and Townsville Hospital and Health Services.
How does the Challenge work?
Once you are signed up as a 10,000 Steps member, you can join the 10k21 Inter Health Service Challenge by choosing your team below.
Once you have chosen your Health Challenge Team, log your daily steps and your totals will automatically contribute to your teams total. Set body goals and monitor your measurements throughout the 4 weeks for an additional challenge. You can add physical activity that excludes walking as well, such as cycling or swimming.
With your colleagues or by yourself, strive to increase your daily step count. Log your steps and physical activity through the step log, and visit this page regularly to see which HHS team is in the lead!
N.B. None of your individual measures can be viewed by other participants. Only the totals of all participants are shown.
What is the 10k21 Inter Health Service Challenge?
10k21 Inter Health Service Challenge is a health-focused initiative where staff and students make behavioural changes to increase their daily levels of physical activity. Being physically active is crucial for health and wellbeing.
A large portion of our adult lives are spent at work; which are progressively becoming more and more sedentary environments. Less than 20% of Australian adults reach the recommended activity level of 10,000 steps per day. Recent research is showing that health benefits are found with even small increases in the number of steps we take, so now is a great time to start adding some more walking to your day!
Over a 4 week period from the 26 July to 23 August, challenge yourself and your friends to increase your daily amount of steps through small yet significant behavioural changes. Represent your HHS team and compete against other HHS teams
Physical activity CAN be fun. Sign up with your friends and feel the benefits yourself.
To encourage healthy competition between the participating teams, the leaderboard will keep track of how many steps each team has accumulated so far. The leaderboard will update each teams progress from the start of the 10k21 Inter Health Service Challenge on 26 July until the end on 23 August 2021.
Note: The average steps are calculated by dividing the total number of team steps / number of team members.
How can I be involved?
This Health Challenge is now finished and no further updates will occur.
Choose your challenge team.
Darling Downs HHS
|Rank||Name||Weight Loss (kg)||Waist Girth Loss (cm)||Total Steps||Average Steps|
Darling Downs HHS
New 10,000 Steps Members
1. Go to the 10,000 Steps website www.10000steps.org.au and select Sign Up.
2. Enter your details to create your own account, we encourage you to use an organisational email address if you are part of a workplace group. Please note down your password as you will need it to login.3. Select that you would like to register as a participant.
4. You will be asked to verify your email address by checking your emails and clicking on the link provided.
5. Complete the last required details needed to create your account.
6. Your account will now be created and you can access your Dashboard.
7. On your Dashboard, click on the Health Challenge card to return to this page.
8. Select which Health Challenge team you would like to join from this page.
9. If you wish to keep track of your height, weight and waist measurements, and add your goals as part of this challenge you can do so in the Health Measures section.
Existing 10,000 Steps Members
If you are already a member of the 10,000 Steps website, you can join the Challenge by doing the following:
1. Go to the 10,000 Steps website www.10000steps.org.au and select Login.
2. Login with your email address or username and password.
3. On your Dashboard, click on the Health Challenge card to return to this page.
4. Select which Health Challenge team you would like to join from this page.
5. If you wish to keep track of your height, weight and waist measurements, and add your goals as part of this challenge you can do so in the Health Measures section.
If you need more information, please contact us.
Share your Progress!
Share your photos with us on Instagram and Facebook and let us know about your progress by using the Challenge hashtags #10000steps #EveryStepCounts #EveryMoveCounts