Thank you for getting involved in a 10,000 Steps Tournament. The 10,000 Steps Tournaments are a great opportunity to be more physically active and participate in a fun initiative with colleagues, community members or friends.
How to Register
2. Enter your details to create your own account, we encourage you to use an organisational email address if you are part of a workplace group. Please note down your password as you will need it to login.
3. Select that you would like to register as a participant.
4. You will be asked to verify your email address by checking your emails and clicking on the link provided.
5. Complete the last required details needed to create your account.
6. Your account will now be created and you can access your Dashboard.
Accessing the Tournament
Your Coordinator will have chosen the type of Tournament that you will be participating in as a group. This will be either a Time Out Tournament where steps are accumulated over a specific time period, or a Race Tournament with the goal of completing a virtual walking route and achieving an overall team step goal.
Before you can access the Tournament, your Coordinator or Team Captain will need to add you to your team.
Once you have been added to your team, you will be able to access the Tournament by clicking on the Tournament card on your Dashboard if has already started. If your Tournament has not yet started, click on the View Tournaments Dashboard card where you will be able to view your Upcoming Tournaments.
To contribute to your team steps during the Tournament you will need to log steps in your own online 10,000 Steps account. Only steps logged during the time frame of your Tournament will be included in the team total. It is your responsibility to be actively involved and regularly log steps on the 10,000 Steps website.
To log your steps for the day click on the plus sign on the Dashboard and enter the number of steps you have walked or the activity in minutes. Alternatively you can click on the Step Log button on your Dashboard which enables you to enter steps and activity in minutes for numerous days. Entering activity in minutes will add the estimated step conversion onto your daily total, increasing your step count. If you plan on entering moderate and vigorous activity during your Tournament timeframe please talk to your Coordinator to check if this can be included.
To connect your 10,000 Steps account with Fitbit, please go to your Tracker Details in your 10,000 Steps account. Once your 10,000 Steps account is linked with your Fitbit account, you can sync your Fitbit steps by clicking on the sync icon on the right side of the Dashboard.
On the Dashboard you can set your own step goal, view your own step statistics, participate in monthly Challenges and connect with Friends. These features can help you to keep motivated to be physically active once your Tournament has finished.
- For help using the 10,000 Steps website, please view the Support section.
- If you have any questions about your Tournament, please contact your Team Captain or your Tournament Coordinator.
- If you need assistance with the 10,000 Steps website please contact the Project Office.