The 10,000 Steps app is available on both the Apple and Google Play stores. Prior to installing the app, we reccommend removing any previous versions and ensuring that your software is up to date. Android requires version 6.0 and Apple requires 8.0 or later. The app has been released in stages, the first two having been completed:
The first release allows users to:
- Log steps and minutes of activity
- Sync steps from 10,000 Steps website
- View step statistics
- Update goal steps
The second release allows users to:
- View Tournaments including:
- Tournament details
Third Release - In Progress
The third release is currently in progress and we do not yet have an estimated date of completion.
The third release will allows users to:
- Join Challenges
- View Challenge progress
Activity Tracker Syncing
If you have a Fitbit or Garmin, we reccomend connecting your account on the 10,000 Steps website through the Tracker Details Section using the following Support topics:
- Connecting with Fitbit
- Disconnecting from Fitbit
- Tips for Connecting with Fitbit
- Connecting with Garmin
- Disconnecting from Garmin
Once your 10,000 Steps website account has synced your with Fitbit or Garmin account, your step data will be displayed on the 10,000 Steps app.
Bookmarking the Website
- Open up Safari and load the web site www.10000steps.org.au.
- At the bottom of your Apple device screen you will see the icon depicting an arrow going through a square, tap this icon.
- You will now have a few options. The one you want to tap is "Add to Home Screen" which displays a plus sign in a dark coloured square. Tap on this icon.
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon. You can leave as is and click "Add" in the top right hand corner.
When you have done this, a website icon will show up on your homescreen. Remember that you will need to login to the site before you can enter your steps on the website.