This guide is for members syncing steps from their iPhone's internal step tracker.
If you are looking to sync steps from a 3rd party device (e.g. Apple Watch, Garmin), please see Connecting Trackers via Apple Health.
1. Sign up or log in to your account.
Use the email address and password set on registration.
2. Choose to enable Steps to be shared from Apple Health.
Toggle "ON" Steps from Apple Health. This connection can be viewed and managed in your device Settings > Health > Data Access & Devices > 10,000 Steps.
3. Swipe down on the Dashboard to trigger your steps to sync.
Swiping down on the Dashboard of the 10,000 Steps Mobile App will trigger the sync. This may take a few seconds to load, particularly the first time.
Steps will be imported from the day of connection. Using the date range to navigate back, and swiping down again can sync additional historical steps. Retrospective steps can also be entered manually via the website Step Log or Mobile App.
If you experience any issues using the app, please see our Mobile App Troubleshooting page for known issues and troubleshooting tips.
Find out more about:
- Mobile App Features
- Mobile App Troubleshooting
- Logging Your Steps
- Connecting with Friends
- Monthly Challenges
- Team Tournaments
- Legacy Mobile App
You can also use the 10,000 Steps program through our website!
Additional features available on our website include:
- Register your organisation
- 10,000 Steps for Workplaces
- 10,000 Steps for Communities
- Tournament Support for Participants
- View all of our Support topics
You can also Submit a Member Story to inspire other members on 10,000 Steps!